Shopify is an easy-to-use and highly effective platform to launch your e-commerce. But to stand out from the competition and drive traffic to your website, your online store should be optimized for natural referencing.
Shopify has understood this and now offers many SEO plugins that will allow you to significantly improve your positioning in the SERPs.
To help you reach your sales goals, here is a selection of best seo optimization plugins to be fully integrated into your Shopify site and tips to top the search results!
Our selection of SEO plugins for Shopify
Running an online business requires time and SEO knowledge that not all online marketers have. Fortunately, there are many plugins that will save you time and visibility on the web.
1. SEO Plugin
It is the most famous SEO plugin in Shopify and besides being effective it is free!
SEO plugin is an application multilingual, similar to Yoast in WordPress. Regularly updated, the module is very complete and easy to configure. These are some of its characteristics:
- Structured data management to enrich the “rich snippets” with customer opinions, an event, a FAQ…;
- Automatic SEO checker: titles, meta descriptions, content, loading speed, structure of the different pages… The tool notifies you as soon as your store has an SEO problem;
- Massive SEO editor: you will be able to optimize your SEO data in the blink of an eye for all your product pages, your collections or your blog;
- Track your organic traffic and rankings with Google Search Console integration;
- 404 Link Management – The app helps you fix and configure all your redirects.
smart seo is a smart SEO plugin that will help you drastically reduce the time you spend on your website to optimize it.
Affordable and easy to use, you get a 7-day free trial and then the tool will cost you less than $9 per month after that.
Its main features:
- Automatically generate meta and Alt tags for each of the products in your e-store;
- transmit your structured data to Google;
- Generate an XML sitemap allowing you to choose which pages to include or exclude.
3. SEO Booster and Image Optimizer
In an online store, quality images are essential to present the products for sale. Often heavy, they cause a lot of slowdowns on the site.
SEO Booster & Image Optimizer offers, among other things, to:
- Increase your traffic from Google image search by optimizing your Alt tags;
- Optimize your title tags and meta description;
- Compress your images;
- Receive weekly SEO reports by email;
- Automatically redirect your broken 404 links.
There are several options available, including a free version with the basic tools to enhance your images.
4/ All in one and automatic SEO
All in one and automatic SEO is a toolbox that will scan your eCommerce site and analyze your SEO issues. The plugin is on a free trial for 7 days and then drops to less than €8 per month.
Its features include:
- The creation of meta tag templates;
- Track your broken links;
- Speed check on both desktop and mobile and ways to improve it;
- Track your keywords and actions on social networks.
Small inconvenience of the module, you will not be able to benefit from the assistance in French, but Only in English .
5. Shop Sheriff AMP
With increasing mobile traffic, mobile user experience is a key factor in your search engine ranking.
Therefore, the creation of AMP pages (Accelerated Mobile Pages) is essential for both your SEO benchmark and the satisfaction of your customers.
Shop Sheriff MPA it is a complement free , recommended by the official Google AMP team! With this tool, you will be able to:
- Create or modify AMP templates;
- Convert all your pages to AMP format;
- Significantly increase the loading speed of your web pages, which will be automatically cached by Google;
- Optimize your URLs;
- Integrate Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager to further enhance your relevant pages.
6. (SPO) SEO Product Optimizer
This plugin will increase the organic visibility of your Shopify store on search engines, mobile media, and social media.
SPO is an easy-to-use and very complete tool that will allow you to:
- Customize your social media link previews (title, image, and description);
- Benefit from a niche keyword suggestion for your products;
- Get relevant SEO tips for your SEO strategy;
- Generate rich snippets with JSON LD.
you can try for free SEO Product Optimizer for 14 days, its paid version costs less than €14 per month.
7. SEO Content Blocks
If you are looking to improve your SEO benchmark and drive more customers to your eCommerce site, download SEO Content Blocks !
With this plugin, you will be able to add additional content blocks to your Shopify store, even if you have no coding knowledge.
The tool allows you to insert a wide range of blocks: FAQ, slides, textual content, blog post...
This tool is perfect for optimizing your home page or your collection pages, but also your internal links with the possibility of adding internal links in the newly created blocks.
You will be able to try the application for free for 9 days, then the basic plan will cost you €5.22 per month.
8. Google Reviews — Reviews
Customer reviews are the best way to increase the trust of your visitors and therefore your conversion rate!
With Google Reviews: Reviews You will be able to display the reviews left by your customers on your Google My Business page on your e-commerce site.
There are three styles of widgets available to increase your online awareness: the badge, the reviews list, or the testimonials carousel.
After a 7-day free trial, the plugin is paid for at €5.22 per month.
9. XML, HTML/SEO sitemap without index
Since Shopify is a CMS dedicated to commerce, you’ll find plenty of features to encourage your prospects to buy.
He Featured Products allows you to display a selection of products directly on your home page. Unfortunately, this option poses an SEO problem. Although the “canonical” tag is present (it tells search engines that the page is a copy of another), it does not prevent crawlers from following your link back to the original page.
Thus, you lose crawl budget and your site’s indexing suffers!
Fortunately, the plugin XML, HTML/SEO sitemap without indexwill help you to solve this problem by declaring in ” no index » all duplicate pages. A blessing for your SEO!
The application is paid, but cheap compared to its utility with less than €3.49 per month.
4 Tips to Improve the SEO Optimization of Your Shopify Site
While these SEO optimization plugins will help you rank higher in search results, it’s important to be aware of all the options for improving your SEO with Shopify.
1. Choose an SEO-oriented theme
Unfortunately, many online sellers choose their theme primarily for its aesthetics.
Although it is an important criterion, only one seo themeIt will allow you to reach the first search results in Google.
- Choose a paid Shopify theme.
- Check that it is responsive to display correctly on all screens (smartphone, tablet and computer).
- Make sure it is updated regularly.
- Opt for a theme popular with other merchants like Speedfly and Fastlane, for example.
2. Optimize your tags
Most of the plugins on offer offer to help you optimize your tags, but you can also customize them directly in Shopify:
- Title and meta description tags are available in the Pages tab by clicking “Edit Natural Website Reference”.
- The Alt Tag of Images: To write your tag, click “Edit” on your image. A pop-up window will open. Fill in the field that remained empty.
3. Customize your URL
Your page URL is divided into two parts: the taxonomies (page, product, or category) followed by the page title.
Despite recurring requests from users, Shopify does not allow you to modify these taxonomies, which are always displayed in English and pose an SEO penalty compared to other CMS.
However, you can change the ending of these auto-generated URLs by clicking “Edit Website SEO” from your page.
Replace editable text, making sure to include a relevant keyword!
4. Optimize your content marketing
Even an online store needs fresh and relevant SEO content!
Do not neglect your textual content both in your product sheets and in the pages of your blog. Always choose your keywords and semantic field carefully and write articles regularly.
For example, you can give usage tips, write tutorials or guides, share the latest trends, etc.
No matter what products or services you want to promote on your Shopify site, your natural referenceIt is essential to sell well.
Use thegood seo optimization pluginsand writing quality content is the first step to success.
For an effective content strategy, remember to order your texts on Redacteur.com!